Thursday, September 08, 2011

Simon Toyne's "Sanctus," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Sanctus by Simon Toyne.

The entry begins:
There is already serious movie interest in Sanctus so I feel I should tread carefully here so I don’t offend anyone who may or may not end up playing the main characters.

Sanctus has a very strong female lead and I always refer to her as my Jodie Foster character – resourceful, vulnerable, brave - but sadly Ms. Foster – for all her talent - is probably slightly too old to get away with playing a 29 year old these days. When I was writing the book I had a character document as a reference tool and I pasted pictures of various people into it to help me visualise them. These included:

Liv Adamsen – New York investigative journalist – (not Jodie) but Emily Blunt with blonde hair – I found a picture, not sure what movie from.

Gabriel – the ex-US special forces hero – either Jake...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Simon Toyne's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Sanctus.

--Marshal Zeringue