Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Will Allison's "Long Drive Home," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Long Drive Home by Will Allison.

The entry begins:
I occasionally daydream of Zach Braff directing a film version of Long Drive Home. Braff grew up in South Orange, New Jersey, which is where I live and where the book is set. I thought he had such a perfectly light touch in his only movie, Garden State, not to mention an inspired performance. Natalie Portman was a revelation, too.

I also like the idea of Braff playing the protagonist, Glen Bauer. The novel walks a fine line, inviting readers to identify with a character who...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Will Allison's website.

The Page 69 Test: Long Drive Home.

Writer's Read: Will Allison.

My Book, The Movie: Long Drive Home.

--Marshal Zeringue