Monday, June 20, 2011

What is Clare O'Donohue reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Clare O'Donohue, author of Missing Persons.

Her entry begins:
I have a book deadline so reading has taken a back seat recently, and the pile is growing larger and larger. I'm waiting for that elusive free time to catch up on all the wonderful books I've collected this year. Having said that, I still have plane trips and doctor's appointments, so I've fit in a couple of books I've really enjoyed. I just finished Jon Ronson's The Psychopath Test, which was surprisingly light and funny given the subject matter. It did make me a little nervous to read that while so many people can agree that individuals incapable of empathy do exist, very few people seem able to correctly identify them. Of course I gave myself the psychopath test and failed (thankfully) but now I'm on the lookout for psychopaths where...[read on]
Among the early praise for Missing Persons:
"A well-constructed plot, credible characters, and an insightful exploration of the grieving process make for an absorbing read."
--Publishers Weekly (starred review)

"TOP PICK! There’s not a single sentence in this novel that isn’t thoroughly enjoyable."
--RT Book Reviews

'“Missing Persons” has a harder edge than O’Donohue’s “Someday Quilts” series, but her ability to craft a true whodunit with a smart and agreeable amateur sleuth is unchanged. With an ingenious and unexpected solution, “Missing Persons” will have readers eagerly waiting for showtime on Kate’s next case.'
--Richmond Times-Dispatch

“By turns sincere and cynical, humorous and lyrical, Kate Conway insinuates her way into your soul and demands your attention.”
--Libby Fischer Hellmann, author of the Ellie Foreman and Georgia Davis series
Learn more about the book and author at Clare O'Donohue's website and blog.

Read about the crime novel O'Donohue would most like to have written.

The Page 69 Test: Missing Persons.

My Book, The Movie: Missing Persons.

Writers Read: Clare O'Donohue.

--Marshal Zeringue