Thursday, May 05, 2011

What is Douglas Corleone reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Douglas Corleone, author of One Man's Paradise and Night on Fire.

His entry begins:
Since I write in the genre, I try to read every legal thriller that crosses my radar. 2011 is a great year for legal thrillers. Earlier this year, I read David Ellis’s Breach of Trust, the second in his Jason Kolarich series. I’ve been hooked on David Ellis ever since his debut novel Line of Vision, and I think he may well be the best legal thriller writer out there today.

Right now I’m reading Michael...[read on]
Among the early praise for Night on Fire:
"Kevin [Corvelli] tries a mean case and tells a fine story."
--Kirkus Reviews

"The John Grisham-style twists and turns and cinematic courtroom scenes keep the pages turning.... With its high-octane pace, this is perfect airplane fare. Before you know it, you'll be humming Hawaii Five-0 theme music and thinking about William Lashner's Victor Carl, another lawyer who couldn't resist getting involved with his beautiful clients."
--Library Journal

"Night on Fire [is] a truly entertaining read. What impresses me most about Douglas Corleone's writing is that he is fearless with his main character..."
--Hawaii Book Blog
Learn more about the book and author at Douglas Corleone's website.

The Page 69 Test: One Man's Paradise.

The Page 69 Test: Night on Fire.

Writers Read: Douglas Corleone.

--Marshal Zeringue