Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is Deborah Cooke reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Deborah Cooke, author of the fantasy romance Dragonfire series.

One paragraph from her entry:
I’m currently finishing a lovely book, which I started over a year ago and had to put aside to get back to my own writing. It’s been haunting me, though. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards is eloquent and touching. I’m really enjoying her dexterity with language. This book was recommended to me by a friend, and I’m glad she pointed me toward it....[read on]
In addition to the Dragonfire series, Cooke has also written over forty romance novels under the names Claire Cross and Claire Delacroix.

Claire Delacroix's current series from Tor features fallen angel heroes in a future-set society (post-nuclear but pre-Apocalyptic) -- Fallen and Guardian have been released and Rebel will be released in 2010.

The books of the Dragonfire series are Kiss of Fire, Kiss of Fury, Kiss of Fate, and Winter Kiss -- with additional installments forthcoming.

Visit Deborah Cooke's website and blog.

Writers Read: Deborah Cooke.

--Marshal Zeringue