Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roger Moore's 6 best books

Roger Moore will always be remembered for playing James Bond and as Simon Templar in the long-running 1960s TV series The Saint.

The New York Post called his autobiography, My Word Is My Bond, "full of unbelievable scenes, corny dialogue and a lead character who doesn’t take himself too seriously ... full of humor, in praise of many and offensive to few."

Moore named his six best books for the Daily Express.

One book on his list:
TAI-PAN
by James Clavell
Hodder, £8.99

All Clavell’s books are brilliant but I have a particular affection for this one. It’s about the beginning of Hong Kong and contains one of my favourite insults, which film producer Cubby Broccoli and I invariably greeted one another with: “Ye be a bag full of farts!”
Read about another book on Moore's list.

--Marshal Zeringue