Saturday, August 02, 2008

What is Jeroen van Bergeijk reading?

The current featured contributor to Writers Read: Jeroen van Bergeijk, author of My Mercedes Is Not for Sale: From Amsterdam to Ouagadougou...an Auto-Misadventure Across the Sahara.

One book he tagged:
A Place of My Own by Michael Pollan. I am reading it because this is a big dream of mine as well: to build my own home. Of course in Holland, a place that is so built up and urbanized, that is quite an impossible dream. [read on]
Jeroen van Bergeijk is a journalist based in Amsterdam and has written for the New York Times, Wired, and many other publications in Europe and the United States.

His documentary Ours is the labour debuted at the International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam in 2007.

Learn more about My Mercedes Is Not for Sale from the publisher.

Visit Jeroen van Bergeijk's website.

Writers Read: Jeroen van Bergeijk.

--Marshal Zeringue