Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kim Green's "Live a Little," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Kim Green's Live a Little.

Green's entry begins:
I've been told my books are filmic – and not just by my mother – so some small, delusional part of me is thrilled to state my casting preferences here. (I suspect that "filmic" in this case means "not dense." Whatever – I'll take it.)

There are several options as to who will direct. If the gods smile on me, Nicole Holofcener will put down whatever deceptively straightforward script she's into and take the helm of Live a Little: The Movie. Nora Ephron would also thrill. And if Wes Anderson or Michael Patrick King want to chat, here's my phone number…. I couldn't go wrong with Drew Barrymore producing (though I might get a different director).

Who to play my heroine, abrasive, lying, fortysomething artist cum disgruntled housewife Raquel Rose? [read on]
Read an excerpt from Live a Little, and learn more about the book and author at Kim Green's blog.

Kim Green is the author of Is That a Moose In Your Pocket?, Paging Aphrodite, and Live a Little.

My Book, The Movie: Live a Little.

--Marshal Zeringue