Thursday, November 02, 2006

What is Frank Rich reading?

Author and New York Times columnist Frank Rich recently talked to the Christian Science Monitor about what he was listening to and viewing for entertainment. And reading:
I've been reading all the Iraq books. My favorite - it's not actually about Iraq, it's about terrorism - is [The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11] by Lawrence Wright. It's incredibly well-written and mesmerizing. Of current affairs books, it's that one blew me away. I do try to read fiction. I love fiction. It's an escape from the news. One of the things I reread from college this year and got much more out of now than I did then is E.M. Forster's A Passage to India. It's one of the greatest novels ever written, and it also speaks a little to what's going on now in the world in terms of the West meeting an alien culture with good intentions, and things going wrong. I also like contemporary fiction. Another book I loved this year was [Kazuo] Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go.
Click here to read about what Rich is watching and listening to.

Frank Rich's The Greatest Story Ever Sold was published by Penguin in September. To learn more about it and other books by the author, click here.


--Marshal Zeringue