Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Loose ends

A few items which I failed to mention when I initially meant to:
  • Duane Swierczynski's The Blonde officially hit the bookstores this week. The paperback version of his The Wheelman also debuted this month.
  • L. Lee Lowe, the author of the forthcoming YA/SF novel Corvus, subjected the manuscript to the page 69 test. Click here to read the result.
  • I failed to mention in this post that Bill Crider has joined the blog's informal The Moviegoer fan club. Bill read The Moviegoer when it first came out in paperback and still has a copy ... and "just about had the book memorized" at one time.
  • In this post I repeated the producer's line that Killshot was due to hit the big screen in October. It still has not been released. An update from Dutch's blog: "Weinstein Co. Vice President of Publicity, Diana Peters says that no release date is currently scheduled. Speculation is that it will be released in the fall of 2007, and will be first shown at the Cannes Film Festival in May."
  • Bonus Elmore Leonard item: "Elmore’s Method of Writing." The bottom line: "I write to please myself. I don’t worry about who’s going to read me. I figure that there should be a few million people out there worldwide who think the way I do and if there are, and they get their hands on my book, they’ll read it and like it."
--Marshal Zeringue