Monday, January 31, 2022

Q&A with Catherine Egan

From my Q&A with Catherine Egan, author of Sneaks:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I usually have a terrible time thinking of titles, but Sneaks was my working title, and it stuck – it felt like the right title for a puzzle book about sneaky aliens! The official name for the interdimensional life forms in the novel posing as ordinary, inanimate objects is “Malsprite,” but they are commonly called “Sneaks” for the way they slip into the world and disguise themselves as something innocuous. The main characters are also required to do a fair bit of sneaking around, and many characters have hidden or secret agendas, so the title felt right in more than one way! I like that it’s simple and memorable and...[read on]
Visit Catherine Egan's website.

The Page 69 Test: Julia Vanishes.

Writers Read: Catherine Egan (July 2016).

My Book, The Movie: Julia Vanishes.

Q&A with Catherine Egan.

--Marshal Zeringue