Thursday, October 04, 2018

Dana Chamblee Carpenter's "Book of the Just," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Book of the Just: Book Three of the Bohemian Trilogy by Dana Chamblee Carpenter.

The entry begins:
I’m very much a visual writer, playing scenes out in my head as if I were seeing them on screen, but, oddly enough, I’ve only ever mentally cast two characters in my novels until now. From the moment she introduced me to him at the end of Bohemian Gospel, Mouse’s dad has always been Robert Downey, Jr. in my head. Sardonic, smart, and suave—though he can become vicious at the turn of a dime.

And, without giving any spoilers, there’s a character we meet near the end of Book of the Just who came to me emphatically as Tom Hardy (you’ll see why this is especially interesting when you read the book). Playing with that casting actually helped me develop nuances in the character. What a wicked joy it would be to see these guys actually take...[read on]
Visit Dana Chamblee Carpenter's website.

My Book, The Movie: Book of the Just.

--Marshal Zeringue