Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fiona Maazel's "Last Last Chance," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Fiona Maazel's Last Last Chance.

The entry begins:
Oh, man, whenever I get asked to say something apropos contemporary culture, I despair. Who’d star in the movie version of my novel? What is this thing called movie? Could be the only actor I’ve heard of is Philip Seymour Hoffman, and that only because he’s got pretensions to serious art, and I am just pretentious enough to catch wind of that kind of thing. Alas, I can’t think of a suitable role for him, unless he wants to play the Older Drunk Guy, but then didn’t he cover that in Long Day’s Journey into Night? For the record: O’Neill to Maazel is not a trajectory I recommend. Even so, don’t get me wrong: I am nowhere near above dreaming my novel into a movie, though I hardly care about the movie part. I certainly...[read on]
Learn more about Last Last Chance and its author at Fiona Maazel's website.

Maazel is a writer and freelance editor. Her work has appeared in Bomb, The Boston Book Review, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The Mississippi Review, Pierogi Press, Salon.com, Tin House, The Village Voice, and The Yale Review. She was named one of the 5 Best Writers Under 35 by the National Book Foundation.

Last Last Chance was a Time Out New York Best Book of the Year.

The Page 69 Test: Last Last Chance.

My Book, The Movie: Last Last Chance.

--Marshal Zeringue