Monday, January 12, 2009

What is J.T. Ellison reading?

The current featured contributor to Writers Read: J.T. Ellison, author of the critically acclaimed Taylor Jackson series: All the Pretty Girls, 14, and Judas Kiss.

One paragraph from her entry:
The holidays have just ended, which means I’ve done my annual revamp of my writing system and set my goals for the year. Every Christmas, I take a week off from writing and focus on the art of the craft. First up is Stephen King’s glorious On Writing, one of the best writing books out there. By the end of the year, I’ve become so bogged down with deadlines and To Do lists that I stop reading for pleasure. King’s book helps me refocus, gives me permission to read what I want, to enjoy the art of reading for its own sake instead of simply for research. It’s invaluable advice, because I find that when I’m reading, I write cleaner and more voraciously.[read on]
Visit J.T. Ellison's website and MySpace page.

The Page 69 Test: All the Pretty Girls.

The Page 99 Test: 14.

The Page 69 Test: 14.

The Page 99 Test: Judas Kiss.

Writers Read: J.T. Ellison.

--Marshal Zeringue