Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Q&A with Erica Bauermeister

From my Q&A with Erica Bauermeister, author of No Two Persons: A Novel:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

A lot, I hope. No Two Persons comes from the saying “no two persons ever read the same book.” It’s a concept I’ve thought a lot about over my years of teaching and writing books, and meeting with book clubs. We may all read the same words, but we never see the same story. I wanted to write a book that would explore the effect of one fictional book on its writer and nine very different readers, each character with their own story and chapter. I knew it was a complicated concept with an unusual structure, and it would be useful if the title could help set expectations. It didn’t hurt that I liked the sound of No Two Persons.

What's in a name?

My characters usually arrive in my imagination with...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Erica Bauermeister's website.

The Page 69 Test: The School of Essential Ingredients.

The Page 69 Test: The Lost Art of Mixing.

Writers Read: Erica Bauermeister (May 2019).

The Page 69 Test: The Scent Keeper.

The Page 69 Test: No Two Persons.

Q&A with Erica Bauermeister.

--Marshal Zeringue