Thursday, May 18, 2023

Q&A with Allison L. Bitz

From my Q&A with Allison L. Bitz, author of The Unstoppable Bridget Bloom:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The journey to Bridget’s title was, as is the case with many contemporary books—well, a journey. This book’s original working title was Fish Out of Water¸ which is clearly much vaguer than where I landed and pretty reflective of me being new to the world of publishing. The next title, and the one it was acquired under, was In the Key of B, which I still think is clever, but my marketing and sales team at HarperCollins wanted a title that was less music focused (though this book is very music-y!), more inclusive. The Unstoppable Bridget Bloom is far and away my favorite title this book has had, and that is partially because it absolutely does a lot of work on behalf of the story. Right away, between the title and...[read on]
Visit Allison L. Bitz's website.

Q&A with Allison L. Bitz.

--Marshal Zeringue