Friday, May 15, 2020

Q&A with Roxana Robinson

From my Q&A with Roxana Robinson, author of Dawson's Fall:
What non-literary inspirations have influenced your writing?

If you mean was there anything that informed me other than literature before I started writing in the first place, the answer is no. Literature was the only thing that made me want to write.

But I’ve been moved to write things because of non-literary things. Dawson’s Fall came upon me because of two things I inherited: a small piece of mahogany, labelled, in my grand-mother’s neat script, “A piece of pew from St. Michael’s, before the restoration.” The other was a hank of her hair, long, thick and honey-colored. She had been famous for her hair, which reached to her ankles. For some reason I ended up with a faded purple box, with a switch of her hair coiled inside. It was so tangible, so richly a part of her, and I was so clearly a part of her, that it haunted me. The two things...[read on]
Visit Roxana Robinson’s website.

The Page 69 Test: Cost.

My Book, The Movie: Cost.

The Page 69 Test: Sparta.

My Book, The Movie: Dawson's Fall.

The Page 69 Test: Dawson's Fall.

Writers Read: Roxana Robinson.

Q&A with Roxana Robinson.

--Marshal Zeringue