Thursday, May 07, 2020

John Farrow's "Roar Back," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Roar Back by John Farrow.

The entry begins:
Having had one feature made from a novel of mine (The Timekeeper), been the story director on another (Uvanga), having had other novels in development, and having had several plays produced, I know that casting and the choice of director is out of the writer’s whimsy. I take the monies and I runs. (I feel a rant coming on but shall nip that in the bud.) Casting my principal detective, Émile Cinq-Mars, is both easy and difficult. He’s younger in Roar Back than in other novels, so it would not be hard to find a tall, dark, handsome, strong individual to fit one part of the physical description, and many a fine actor would love to play a solitary cop who uses his brains yet possesses brawn, and who...[read on]
Visit John Farrow's website and Trevor Ferguson's Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Seven Days Dead.

My Book, The Movie: Seven Days Dead.

The Page 69 Test: Perish the Day.

The Page 69 Test: Roar Back.

Q&A with John Farrow.

My Book, The Movie: Roar Back.

--Marshal Zeringue