Sunday, September 15, 2019

Gilly Macmillan's "The Nanny," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Nanny: A Novel by Gilly Macmillan.

The entry begins:
If they make The Nanny into a film, I would love to see Emma Stone play Jo, the young widow who is at the centre of the story. Emma Stone has that girl next door look but can turn on a haughty look. The actress playing Jo needs to be able to pack a punch in every expression on screen and Emma Stone could most definitely deliver that.

For the nanny character, Hannah, I think either Frances McDormand or Olivia Colman. Hannah is a nuanced character. She needs to very watchable.

For Ruby, the youngest character in the book at just 11 years old. I think a new and undiscovered actress should play her. Somebody who can bring a touch of tomboy, a fierce intelligence and a lot of bravery.

My favourite character in the book is the complex and surprising Lady Virginia Holt. She is Jo’s mother and Ruby’s grandmother...[read on]
Visit Gilly Macmillan's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Nanny.

--Marshal Zeringue