Thursday, November 29, 2018

Fran Hawthorne's "The Heirs," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Heirs by Fran Hawthorne.

The entry begins:
Four of the six main characters in The Heirs are women over 40; in fact, one is 72 years old. In an industry where women are ignored after age 30, I figure that my casting call would attract some attention.

I mean, how could Barbra Streisand turn down the juicy part of Rose Ritter, a no-nonsense Jewish grandmother who has refused for 50 years to discuss how she survived the Holocaust in Poland? Rose even lived in Streisand’s native Brooklyn for many years.

Angelina Jolie actually looks more like my vision of Natalie, the cousin -– tall, confident, stylish...[read on]
Visit Fran Hawthorne's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Heirs.

--Marshal Zeringue