Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Gale Massey's "The Girl from Blind River," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Girl From Blind River by Gale Massey.

The entry begins:
While I wrote The Girl from Blind River I had Jennifer Lawrence in mind to play Jamie. I loved her in Winter’s Bone which is one of my most cherished reading and film viewing experiences, and visualizing her as Ree Dolly helped sustain me in the development of Jamie’s character. Today’s choice though Jamie would be Nadia Alexander of Seven Seconds. She has the depth to play Jamie’s interior life against her external circumstances.

I always saw Jamie’s Uncle Loyal as being played by an aged Heath Ledger (think Enos Delmar in Brokeback Mountain).

My choice for Detective Garcia would be...[read on]
Visit Gale Massey's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Girl From Blind River.

--Marshal Zeringue