Monday, July 02, 2018

Four books that changed Alison Booth

Alison Booth is an academic economist at the Australia National University as well as a bestselling novelist. One of four books that changed the writer, as shared at the Sydney Morning Herald:
ALL THE BIRDS, SINGING
Evie Wyld

Halfway through what I'd hoped was the final edit of my latest novel, A Perfect Marriage, I read All the Birds, Singing. A short and beautifully written book, it has a deceptively simple structure that I found particularly exciting: the backstory moves back in time while the front story moves forward in time. I loved reading this book that inspired me to be more adventurous with the structure of my own novel.
Read about another entry on the list.

All the Birds, Singing is among Cal Flyn's ten top books about the Australian bush.

My Book, The Movie: All the Birds, Singing.

--Marshal Zeringue