Thursday, April 13, 2017

Stacey Madden's "Touching Strangers," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Touching Strangers by Stacey Madden.

The entry begins:
One of the most common responses I get from readers of Touching Strangers is, “I can totally see it being a movie!” If I were ever so lucky, here are some thoughts on how my ideal cast might look.

First: directing. Touching Strangers is a quirky dark comedy with some thriller elements, so naturally the Coen brothers leap to mind. However, I think the project might work better as lower-budget film, directed by somebody like David Robert Mitchell (It Follows), or Kerem Sanga (First Girl I Loved). Both of these directors really know what to do with plots involving young people in peril.

In terms of casting, the roles of main characters Samantha Riske and Aaron Cordic are the most important. Samantha is a raven-haired agoraphobic porcelain doll, and Aaron is a neurotic germophobe trapped in a California surfer’s body. In the Coen brothers version of the film, I can see Samantha being played by...[read on]
Visit Stacey Madden's Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Poison Shy.

My Book, The Movie: Poison Shy.

My Book, The Movie: Touching Strangers.

--Marshal Zeringue