Thursday, January 08, 2015

Elizabeth Heiter's "Vanished," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Vanished by Elizabeth Heiter.

The entry begins:
Vanished, the second book in my Profiler series, follows an FBI profiler who travels back to her hometown hoping to solve the decades-old disappearance of her best friend when the serial criminal who took her - the Nursery Rhyme Killer - resurfaces. When I wrote Vanished (and Hunted, the first book in the series), I had clear visions of how I imagined the characters. If Vanished were to be cast for a movie, this is who I’d imagine playing the roles:

FBI profiler Evelyn Baine: She’s a young, biracial woman in a male-dominated field, but that’s never stopped her from going after what she wants. When her best friend’s case comes to the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit for profiling, Evelyn insists she be assigned. Not only does Thandie Newton look almost exactly the way I picture Evelyn, she can definitely play a hard-nosed profiler with a traumatic past.

FBI Hostage Rescue Team agent Kyle “Mac” McKenzie: He works for the FBI’s only full-time tactical response unit, and when it comes to work, he’s all business. Otherwise, he likes practical jokes and the day he met too-serious Evelyn, he couldn’t help teasing her; since then, his feelings have gotten more complicated. I’ve always pictured Hugh...[read on]
Visit Elizabeth Heiter's website and watch the book trailer for Vanished.

My Book, The Movie: Vanished.

--Marshal Zeringue