Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Nicholas Wapshott's "The Sphinx," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Sphinx: Franklin Roosevelt, the Isolationists, and the Road to World War II by Nicholas Wapshott.

From the entry:
The characters in my book were so strong I did not need to imagine who would play them. The trick for a film maker (I would ask Michael “Red Shoes” Powell, or Carol “Third Man” Reed) is to find actors who would be forceful enough to play such powerful characters.

Plainly the person playing FDR is key and while I greatly admired the recent portrayal of him by Bill Murray in Hyde Park on the Hudson to be credible and rich, I feel that...[read on]
Learn more about The Sphinx at the publisher's website and follow Nicholas Wapshott on Twitter.

My Book, The Movie: The Sphinx.

--Marshal Zeringue