Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sean Williams's "Crashland," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Crashland: A Twinmaker Novel by Sean Williams.

The entry begins:
My usual response to this question is that my main character, Clair, would be played by Amandla Stenberg, who played Rue in the first Hunger Games movie. I didn’t have her in mind, but as soon as I saw her I thought “Yes!” Clair is 17, so they’re almost exactly the same age right now. Hurry up, Hollywood!

But I thought this time I’d consider another character, that of Clair’s boyfriend’s father, Dylan Linwood. This would be a challenging role to play. In Twinmaker, he’s a prickly outsider artist who doesn’t get on with Clair at all. And then, um, something happens to him (trying to avoid spoilers here for those who haven’t read the book) and he seems to become a completely different person. He looks the same, if a bit more beaten up than he was before, but he sounds different, acts different, and has very different reasons to try to catch Clair. He’s trying to murder her, in fact. So he goes from boyfriend’s dad to psycho killer overnight, which is...[read on]
Visit Sean Williams' website.

The Page 69 Test: Crashland.

Writers Read: Sean Williams.

My Book, The Movie: Crashland.

--Marshal Zeringue