Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Marcus Wynne's "The Sword of Michael," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Sword of Michael by Marcus Wynne.

The entry begins:
Oh man, do I have fun with this! Part of it is my particular writing process…since I also write screenplays, I think in classic three-act structure and it really, really helps me stay focused on a character if I “pre-cast” the characters before hand.

The Sword of Michael is my first foray into urban fantasy, so I spend time thinking about the implications of shamanism and magic on character development. I always consider how background and training and life experience shape a character in everything from how they dress to how they speak, so this was really fun for me to go in a new direction.

I’d want John Logan of Penny Dreadful to adapt The Sword of Michael. He’s one of the great screenwriters we have and expanding his palette into episodic TV with Penny Dreadful has produced some of the best dark television drama of the 21st century (so far).

Marius Winter — He’s a dark guy with a great sense of humor, serious about his Work but not so serious about himself. I really see...[read on]
Visit Marcus Wynne's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Sword of Michael.

My Book, The Movie: The Sword of Michael.

--Marshal Zeringue