Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Six notable YA novels set in college

At The Barnes & Noble Book Blog, Dahlia Adler tagged six top YA novels set in college, including:
A Little Something Different, by Sandy Hall

I was already intrigued by this book for being the first to be released from Macmillan’s new crowdsourcing imprint, Swoon Reads, and hearing that it has fourteen different points of view. Then an employee at Barnes & Noble said the Magic Buzz Sentences to me when I was book shopping there: “It’s set in college,” and “It has some LGBT characters.” Fastest I have ever grabbed a book off a shelf. As in [Jennifer Echols's] Love Story, the characters are thrown together via freshman creative writing, but this sounds like a sweeter, lighter ride I can’t wait to crack open.
Read about another entry on the list.

Writers Read: Sandy Hall.

--Marshal Zeringue