Friday, September 26, 2014

Joe Gannon's "Night of the Jaguar," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Night of the Jaguar by Joe Gannon.

The entry begins:
I always had a very specific man in mind for my detective, Captain Ajax Montoya – he is on the cover of his memoir of his years with the Sandinistas. His name is Omar Cabezas, and his book, Fire from the Mountain, was a big hit when it was published in 1980’s.

But for the movie, I have always channeled Javier Bardem, who can play a fop, a super- sized James Bond villain, or the cool psychopathic killer from No Country for Old Men. He has the face of a man overcome by sadness, but not defeated by it. However...[read on]
Visit Joe Gannon's website.

The Page 69 Test: Night of the Jaguar.

My Book, The Movie: Night of the Jaguar.

--Marshal Zeringue