Friday, December 20, 2013

Ruth Dugdall's "The Sacrificial Man," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Sacrificial Man by Ruth Dugdall.

The entry begins:
To see one of my novels on the big screen is one of my favourite daydreams. For many writers, especially crime writers like myself, a movie deal is the Holy Grail.

But then the crunch question – who has the icy demeanour to play my uber-controlling, beautiful but brutalised Alice?

Alice is the central character in The Sacrificial Man, and she has agreed to kill a man, and eat him. She does not see herself as a criminal, but as a romantic heroine; she believes she is in a love story, that in helping her lover to die she was performing an act of devotion. Imagine Julie Christie, as she was in Doctor Zhivago, but with a knife.

Julie Christie being a bit too mature now, I think...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Ruth Dugdall's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Sacrificial Man.

--Marshal Zeringue