Saturday, November 03, 2012

What is Adele Griffin reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Adele Griffin, author of All You Never Wanted.

Her entry begins:
I've got a book of poems I just finished, called Spit Back a Boy, by Iain Haley Pollock. I got to meet Iain a few weeks ago, just knew his work would be thoughtful-- it is. And my friend has me hooked reading the first volume of journals of Virginia Woolf-- this isn't really a book you dive into and forget about the world. I keep the book in the kitchen, it's a tea and read style book. But I can feel her life in quiet moments, in who she meets and...[read on]
About the book, from the publisher:
With my eyes closed and Alex's core friends all around me, it was like I'd become my big sister, or something just as good. And so who cared if they were calling it Alex's party? One thing I knew: it would be remembered as mine.

Alex has it all—brains, beauty, popularity, and a dangerously hot boyfriend. Her little sister Thea wants it all, and she's stepped up her game to get it. Even if it means spinning the truth to win the attention she deserves. Even if it means uncovering a shocking secret her older sister never wanted to share. Even if it means crying wolf.

Told in the alternating voices of Alex and Thea, Adele Griffin's mesmerizing new novel is the story of a sibling rivalry on speed.
Learn more about the book and author at Adele Griffin’s website and Facebook page.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Adele Griffin and Edith.

Writers Read: Adele Griffin (June 2011).

Writers Read: Adele Griffin.

--Marshal Zeringue