Saturday, June 16, 2012

Jeff Salyards's "Scourge of the Betrayer," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards.

The entry begins:
Like many writers, I've fantasized about what it would be like if someone turned my book into a film, so I've spent some time (OK, an inordinate amount of time) dreaming up the ideal cast for that adaptation. Time I should have spent writing, especially since even if a studio purchased the rights the movie would probably get shelved indefinitely, or if it did make it out there, Justin Bieber would get cast as Braylar.

I won't run through the entire cast, but here are some of the major players:

Captain Braylar Killcoin: The man is lean, cold, calculating, with a biting sense of humor, and yet somehow still sympathetic. He is also a haunted man, in more ways than one. Ten or 15 years ago, Daniel Day Lewis would have been absolutely perfect. He could have walked in, read one line, and I would have called off the auditions. But he's a bit older than the role calls for now, so looking at the younger generation of actors, Christian...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Jeff Salyards's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Scourge of the Betrayer.

--Marshal Zeringue