Thursday, November 11, 2010

What is Gail Carriger reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Gail Carriger, author of Soulless, Changeless, and Blameless.

Her entry begins:
There's this lovely thing that happens once you're in the realm of professional writer. Firstly, you meet fellow authors and feel compelled to read their books. Secondly, you are given books to blurb. For both these reasons, I recently read M. K. Hobson's The Native Star which I very much enjoyed. It's an Old West with magic, zombies, and steampunk overtones. The hero's name was Dreadnaught Stanton, which was reason enough to pick it up, if you ask me.

After I finished reading I wanted ... to work on steampunk costuming.

I've just finished...[read on]
Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate Series books are comedies of manners set in Victorian London: full of vampires, dirigibles, and tea. They are either Jane Austen doing urban fantasy, or PG Wodehouse doing steampunk. Soulless, Book the First, came out October 2009 and Changeless, Book the Second, in March 2010 and is a New York Times Bestseller. Blameless was released September 1, 2010 from Orbit US. Heartless is due out July 2011, and Timeless in the Spring of 2012.

Visit Gail Carriger's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Soulless by Gail Carriger.

The Page 69 Test: Changeless.

Writers Read: Gail Carriger.

--Marshal Zeringue