Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jennie Bentley's "Spackled and Spooked," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Spackled and Spooked by Jennie Bentley.

The entry begins:
My offer of a three book contract to write an in-house series of home renovation mysteries for Berkley Prime Crime came with a two page outline for what my editor envisioned the books would be like. That included the names and thumbnail sketches of the major and secondary characters, the setting, and the basic set-up for the first book as well as the series.

The only character that had an actual description attached was the love interest and hot handyman, Mike Ellis. He was supposed to look like Bill Pullman, I remember.

Nothing against Bill Pullman, but the image wasn’t working for me. Nor was the name, which hit too close to home for comfort. Literally. My husband’s name is Mike. So when Mike’s name changed to Derek, Bill Pullman changed to... something more like...[read on]
Read more about the book and author at Jennie Bentley's website and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: Spackled and Spooked.

--Marshal Zeringue