Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Coffee with a canine: Edie Jarolim & Frankie

The current featured duo at Coffee with a Canine: Edie Jarolim & Frankie.

Jarolim has a new book out--Am I Boring My Dog?: And 99 Other Things Every Dog Wishes You Knew-- and is running a contest this week. To win a copy of Am I Boring My Dog?, visit the book's official website, recommend a book that would bore a dog--like War and Pee; Das Catipal; To the Dog House; and the Great Catsby--and take your chances.

One exchange from the Coffee with a Canine Q & A:
What's Frankie's role in your new book, Am I Boring My Dog?

Frankie was instrumental. He was my inspiration for writing it, and serves to illustrate many of the points I make. Because I was a first-time dog owner and thus clueless about dogs in general and Frankie in particular, I panicked when I first got him. As a result, I read lots of books and asked lots of questions.

Once I felt I had finally succeeded with Frankie -- if you can call having an 11-pound alien take over your life a success -- I realized I was in a unique position to help others who were as clueless as I was when I first adopted him. Unlike those who grew up with dogs, I knew just how much I didn’t know. That’s how "Am I Boring My Dog?" got started.[read on]
Visit the Will My Dog Hate Me? blog and Edie Jarolim's website.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Edie Jarolim & Frankie.

--Marshal Zeringue