Friday, January 04, 2008

What is John O'Hurley reading?

Family Feud host John O'Hurley, best known for his role as J. Peterman on Seinfeld, is the author of Before Your Dog Can Eat Your Homework, First You Have to Do It: Life Lessons from a Wise Old Dog to a Young Boy. He talked to the Christian Science Monitor about his recent television viewing and what he's been listening to.

And what he's been reading:
I am reading Cormac McCarthy's novel, The Road. I chose it because I am a father and I have new dealings with being a parent. I never realized the capacity to love until the birth of my child. McCarthy writes about some things that I touch on in my own book, like the fact that I would lay my own life down for my child. He is trying to show the preciousness of life. I am also reading Confessions of a Country Architect by Don Metz, the architect of a new house I am building on a couple hundred acres that I just bought in Vermont. I bought [the book] because I wanted to find out a little bit about him.
Read more about O'Hurley's taste in entertainment.

Read my 2006 review of The Road.

--Marshal Zeringue