Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lev Raphael's "The German Money," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Lev Raphael's The German Money.

Raphael's entry opens:
My novel The German Money is the story of three adult children of a Holocaust survivor dealing with the surprises of her Will after she dies unexpectedly. It's an intimate family drama interwoven with a mystery,with scenes and dialogue I would love to see on-screen, more than any other of my books.
He suggests actors for the major roles and a director:
[F]or the director, I'd want John Curran, who did an amazing job with the Andre Dubus stories that made up We Don't Live Here Anymore. [read on]
Read more about The German Money and Lev Raphael at his website.

Raphael's books include the award-winning Dancing on Tisha B'Av, two novels about Holocaust survivors, Winter Eyes and The German Money, and a collection of Jewish memoirs and essays, Journeys & Arrivals.

Last year he applied the Page 69 Test to Hot Rocks, one of his Nick Hoffman mysteries.

My Book, The Movie: The German Money.

--Marshal Zeringue