Friday, October 05, 2007

"Love in the Present Tense," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Catherine Ryan Hyde's Love in the Present Tense.

Catherine Ryan Hyde is perhaps best known for her novel, Pay it Forward, which was made into a major motion picture, and for the foundation she started to make the idea behind that story into a working force in the real world. She is also the author of many other stories and books.

Her entry at My Book, The Movie opens:
If they made one of my books into a movie, who would I want to see cast in the major roles? An unusually dicey question in my case. Or so it seems to me. Dicey because they did make one of my books (Pay It Forward) into a movie. And I certainly would not have chosen Kevin Spacey for the role of the African American Vietnam vet. That was a surprise.

Electric God is well on its way to film, but I see no such issues hovering around it, so I’ll just wait and see what they do.

Potentially next in line would be Love in the Present Tense. Here it gets interesting and dicey all over again. [read on]
My Book, The Movie: Love in the Present Tense.

--Marshal Zeringue