Sunday, September 27, 2026

Ryan Douglass's "Night of Madness," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Night of Madness by Ryan Douglass.

The entry begins:
What would happen if you took a group of social media influencers, dropped them inside an abandoned asylum full of real dangers, offered them $100,000 to survive the night?

Night of Madness is a book that is made for adaptation. If they make the book into a film, I would probably want to cast mostly unknown actors. The characters are eighteen or nineteen, and I love the idea of giving young performers the opportunity to breakout. So, these choices are less a literal wish list and more a way of showing you the people I pictured while writing.

Mara Jacobs — Anais Lee

Mara is the protagonist of the story—sharp, cynical, and obsessed with horror. She has the quiet confidence of someone who thinks she knows exactly what she's gotten herself into, until she doesn't. Anais has the kind of presence I imagine Mara having: understated, intelligent, and intense when she needs to be.

Storm Connors — Blake Cameron James

I first noticed Blake Cameron James in IT: Welcome to Derry, where he plays Will Hanlon. Storm is loyal, funny, and on trend, but with real softness and vulnerability underneath. He’s someone you want to spend time with. I think Blake could...[read on]
Follow Ryan Douglass on Instagram and Threads.

Q&A with Ryan Douglass.

The Page 69 Test: Night of Madness.

My Book, The Movie: Night of Madness.

--Marshal Zeringue