How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?Visit Barbara O'Neal's website.
It's certainly not direct, as some of my titles have been. This one is more lyrical, speaking to time and hope and place.
How surprised would your teenage reader self be by your novel?
I love this question!!! My teenage self would be thrilled by this novel--it's the kind of big, sweeping book that qualified as The Real Thing when I was that age. Teenage me was already writing novels, so to find out we actually did it, and did it for an entire career, would be major. I think she'd cry tears of joy.
Do you find it harder to write beginnings or endings? Which do you change more?
Oh, beginnings are much, much harder. Beginnings are like...[read on]
My Book, The Movie: A Thousand Painted Hours.
The Page 69 Test: A Thousand Painted Hours.
Writers Read: Barbara O'Neal.
Q&A with Barbara O'Neal.
--Marshal Zeringue


