Friday, October 18, 2024

Galina Vromen's "Hill of Secrets," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Hill of Secrets: A Novel by Galina Vromen.

About the book, from the publisher:
If they make my movie into a book, I would like the lead, Christine, to be someone who has the steely character and look of a young Katharine Hepburn, a woman who follows her own path, regardless of convention and who is attractive and lithe without being pretty. Gertie, the teenage hero of the book, might be portrayed by a young Zoe Kazan, a character who exudes vivaciousness and curiousity, with Kazan's big, inquisitive eyes.

I don't have specific actors in mind for the male roles. I have imagined Andre Aciman, the author of Call Me By Your Name, whose writing I admire a lot, as a model Kurt Koppel, Gertie's father, a German Jewish refugee, and a leading physicist on the atomic bomb project. Asiman (who in fact hails from Egypt's Jewish community) is short, and bald but has a magnetic energy about him in interviews and an intellectual breadth in common with Kurt in my book. I don't have anyone in mind for the other main male characters in Hill of Secrets. I'm happy to leave that to the future casting director to decide!!!

As for the director, I would love to see...[read on]
Visit Galina Vromen's website.

The Page 69 Test: Hill of Secrets.

My Book, The Movie: Hill of Secrets.

--Marshal Zeringue