Thursday, June 30, 2022

John Vercher's "After the Lights Go Out," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: After the Lights Go Out by John Vercher.

The entry begins:
As a film and television fanatic, I tend to think cinematically when writing a book. For me that means envisioning the actors who I think could embody my main characters on the screen. This was especially true for the After the Lights Go Out. Who’s here I would love to see in the main roles.

Jesse Williams as Xavier “Scarecrow” Wallace – Williams would bring both the physicality and nuance to Xavier’s challenges of his deteriorating mind and body.

Brian Tyree Henry as Shemar “Shot” Tracy – I’m a huge fan of the show Atlanta and my love for it almost all centered on Henry’s portrayal of Alfred “Paper Boi” Miles. He is equal parts subtle and explosive, and I can’t picture anyone else playing Shot, the cousin Xavier loves and fears in...[read on]
Visit John Vercher's website.

Q&A with John Vercher.

My Book, The Movie: After the Lights Go Out.

--Marshal Zeringue