Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Q&A with Stephanie Wrobel

From my Q&A with Stephanie Wrobel, author of This Might Hurt:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The novel grapples with the concepts of fear and pain, so the title is thematically relevant. I hope it intrigues, above all else. I usually start my books with placeholder titles. For this one, it was Wisewood, the name of the self-improvement group that the book is about. It's hard for me to name a book before or while I'm writing it; I usually don't figure out the title until a few drafts in. The other title my editors and I liked was The Fearless. In the end, we chose the viscerality of This Might Hurt.

How surprised would your teenage reader self be by your new novel?

I don't think she'd be surprised at all. Cults have always...[read on]
Visit Stephanie Wrobel's website.

The Page 69 Test: Darling Rose Gold.

My Book, The Movie: Darling Rose Gold.

Q&A with Stephanie Wrobel.

--Marshal Zeringue