Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Q&A with Jessica Vitalis

From my Q&A with Jessica Vitalis, author of The Wolf's Curse:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The working title for this story was “Death” until very late in the process; not because I thought it was a great title, but because it’s a Grim Reaper retelling and I thought of the story as my “death” book as I was drafting. It wasn’t until I started thinking about querying that I landed on The Wolf’s Curse as the title. I love the ambiguity in that readers can’t be sure if the title means that the wolf is cursed or if the wolf is the one doing the cursing. (You’ll have to read the book to find out!)

What's in a name?

I think names are...[read on]
Visit Jessica Vitalis's website.

Q&A with Jessica Vitalis.

--Marshal Zeringue