Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Q&A with Robert Dugoni

From my Q&A with Robert Dugoni, author of The Last Agent:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Titles are tough. Of my 20 novels, I’ve only titled perhaps 5 that were not ultimately changed, for the better. The title really should intrigue the reader and provide the reader with an understanding of the basic premise of the novel. In The Last Agent Jenkins has to go back into Moscow to try to rescue a woman responsible for saving him in The Eighth Sister. The CIA has changed with technology and requires less and less boots-on-the-ground agents. Jenkins has experience and intuitiveness, which are becoming extinct. Jenkins is one of the dinosaurs, still willing to go back into Russia, still believing that he can survive on his wits and complete the mission. So The Last Agent lets the reader know that Jenkins is going to resort to...[read on]
Visit Robert Dugoni's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Wrongful Death.

The Page 69 Test: Bodily Harm.

My Book, The Movie: Bodily Harm.

The Page 69 Test: Murder One.

My Book, The Movie: Murder One.

My Book, The Movie: The Eighth Sister.

The Page 69 Test: The Eighth Sister.

My Book, The Movie: A Cold Trail.

The Page 69 Test: A Cold Trail.

The Page 69 Test: The Last Agent.

My Book, The Movie: The Last Agent.

Q&A with Robert Dugoni.

--Marshal Zeringue