Saturday, April 14, 2018

Amanda Ottaway's "The Rebounders," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Rebounders: A Division I Basketball Journey by Amanda Ottaway.

The entry begins:
For me, one of the most intriguing characters in The Rebounders: A Division I Basketball Journey is head women’s basketball coach Deborah Katz.

She’s so complex I spend a good chunk of the book trying to figure her out. I still haven’t. But the first time I saw Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada (incidentally, a movie adapted from a book), I knew I wanted that version of Streep to play Coach Katz if The Rebounders ever became a movie.

It’s because of the power.

Miranda Priestly, Streep’s character, oozes....[read on]
Visit Amanda Ottaway's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Rebounders.

--Marshal Zeringue