Thursday, October 02, 2014

Elena Mauli Shapiro's "In the Red," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: In the Red by Elena Mauli Shapiro.
 
The entry begins:
Irina, the protagonist of In the Red, is a young Romanian orphan adoptee raised by American parents. She is complex, vulnerable, and more than a touch amoral. When asked who should play her in a movie, I tried to think of an actress who had her porcelain complexion, her dark hair, and who could convey a fragile person with an undercurrent of danger. The woman I came up with was Winona Ryder, twenty five years ago. I know, I know, I am clearly not up on modern Hollywood!

For her lover Andrei, a half-Gypsy Romanian who happens to be a career criminal, I would need a tawny, good-looking man in his mid-thirties with...[read on]
Visit Elena Mauli Shapiro's website.

The Page 69 Test: In the Red.

My Book, The Movie: In the Red.

--Marshal Zeringue