Sunday, July 06, 2014

Laura Lane McNeal's "Dollbaby," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal.

The entry begins:
This is a great question to ponder! If Dollbaby is made into a movie, which several people have suggested would be a great follow-up to the book, it’ll be interesting to come back at a later date and re-read what I’ve posted here.

When I was writing the book, I focused on the characters as fictional characters, so I don’t have any preconceived notions as to who might play the characters in a movie. There was, however, one scene in Dollbaby that felt similar to one in a movie, and that is where Norwood is speaking to Graham after Balfour’s death, when Fannie suffers a nervous breakdown and is taken away for an unknown period of time. As Graham is looking into his father’s eyes as Norwood speaks, it reminds me of the scene in...[read on]
Visit Laura Lane McNeal's website.

My Book, The Movie: Dollbaby.

--Marshal Zeringue