Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Kim Church's "Byrd," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Byrd by Kim Church.

The entry begins:
Dear AnnaSophia Robb,

I hope you’re having a nice summer.

I loved your performance as the girl next door in The Way, Way Back, and think you’d be perfect for the role of Addie Lockwood in the movie of my debut novel, Byrd.

Addie grows up in a small North Carolina town where she escapes the confines of family life by reading books, writing poems, listening to Joni Mitchell albums, and fantasizing about Roland Rhodes, the new boy in school, a handsome, popular guitar player. Roland is oblivious to Addie until their senior year, when they form an unlikely friendship.

Years after graduation they...[read on]
Visit Kim Church's website.

Writers Read: Kim Church.

The Page 69 Test: Byrd.

My Book, The Movie: Byrd.

--Marshal Zeringue