Monday, May 05, 2014

Dandi Daley Mackall's "My Boyfriends' Dogs," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: My Boyfriends' Dogs by Dandi Daley Mackall.

The entry begins:
Funny thing is, this book is in the process of becoming a Hallmark movie right now! I’ve made a living writing books for 30 years, and this is the first time one has become a movie (if you don’t count one animated series and a few Scooby Doo and Yogi Bear episodes). I was able to see part of the filming last month, and watching my characters walk around as real people, saying dialogue that once was only in my head—that was surreal. And wonderful. Plus, everyone was so nice to me. I learned that movies film scenes out of order, which would drive me crazy if I were an actress (and nobody invited me to act). So the first day on the set, I got to watch the filming of the climactic wedding scene, and the next day we moved outside to a little village and shot the scene where Bailey and Eric first met. The shoot was scheduled from 7 to 7, and the crew must have set up hours earlier.

Honestly, when I write, I don’t picture celebrities. If I’m not picturing myself (usually at a younger age…), I’m imagining people I’ve known, or glimpsed somewhere. In My Boyfriends' Dogs, Erika...[read on]
Visit Dandi Daley Mackall's website.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Dandi Daley Mackall & Moxie and Munch.

My Book, The Movie: My Boyfriends' Dogs.

--Marshal Zeringue